Complete Observation and Evaluation Management System
Schools and districts are facing new mandates to implement systems to evaluate teaching practice. At the same time, school and district leaders have to ensure that the assessment of teaching leads to real improvement in practice.
To make the critical connection between evaluation and continuous improvement, observations and evaluations have to do far more than meet minimum requirements. They must serve as a springboard for conversations, yield actionable feedback, and enable instructional leaders to support teachers as they reflect and build on their skills.
Whether districts need to conduct walkthroughs or comprehensive teacher evaluation using multiple measures, Teachscape Reflect is a complete observation and evaluation management system that can be customized to fit a district’s own uses and processes.
Streamline and Customize the Evaluation Process
With flexible, user-friendly tools, Teachscape Reflect enables districts to customize evaluations at every step of the process while increasing the efficiency of evaluations.
- Configure evaluation processes and workflows to the district's own processes to evaluate all teacher groups.
- Add and edit the district’s rubrics and surveys for walkthroughs and observations.
- Import planning and review forms such as pre- and post-observation forms, goal-setting forms, and self-assessment forms.
- Use the district's pre-defined formulas and weighting rules to calculate summative evaluation scores.
Observe Teaching in Multiple Ways
With Teachscape Reflect, evaluators can observe and assess teaching through informal walkthroughs as well as formal teacher observations and evaluations.
- Conduct informal walkthroughs.
- Perform in-depth classroom observations.
- Capture video to conduct lesson observations online and enable the teacher to view the observed lesson.
- Collect data and evidence on a variety of devices.
Integrate Multiple Measures of Teaching
Teachscape Reflect allows districts to integrate multiple measures of teaching to get a complete picture of teaching effectiveness. Combine multiple measures including:
- Formal and informal observations
- Student growth and value-added measures or student learning objectives
- Student, parent, and peer surveys
- Professional responsibilities, teacher self-assessments, and planning artifacts.
Turn Data into Action
Teachscape Reflect reports provide observers and teachers with actionable feedback to build skills and focus on specific areas to improve teaching.
- Individual observation reports provide detailed feedback and rationale for each observation event.
- Longitudinal reports combine data from multiple observations to provide a view of teaching practice over time.
- Summary teacher evaluation reports combine data from multiple measures to provide a complete composite view of teaching effectiveness.
See how Teachscape Reflect works here.